Sunday 24 July 2011

The shooting of Hobgoblyn

On Thursday I headed to the Yorkshire dales with Rogue Frame Productions, to a place called Malham Cove in order to shoot my scenes for their film Hobgoblyn.
Awhile ago i auditioned for the part of a barmaid in their medieval short film, but was offered the part of a priestess/witch.
Apparently some parts on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 were filmed there, and with a budget likes Harry Potters it would have been very easy for their crew to get to the location, but for a very, very low budget short, the only way up was to walk, for half an hour up steps!
I looked like i was on a Victorian expedition, me in my long skirts/dress, with a huge line of Sherpas carrying my luggage, snaking their way up the hill.


It was a very good location though, on huge grey cliffs over looking moors and fields as far as you could see. I wish i could upload pictures of me in my amazing makeup and dark, curly wig, make up slightly inspired by Black Swan, but they don't want the film to be spoiled by pictures on the Internet of the films big reveals!


Can't wait to see the finished thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment