Thursday 26 January 2012

Showreels

I seem to have found myself in an annoying Catch 22 which i think is stopping me from getting more work, and i'm sure it is a problem many actors have.
The problem i'm having is that in order to get the chance to audition for good parts in tv and film, the casting directors want to see that you have a really good showreel, but to get footage for a really good showreel, you need to get good parts in tv and film!
I had a go at making my own showreel, but it didn't turn out too well, as far as i know it's making me look like a worse actress than i really am.

  



I am currently waiting to get footage from two films i worked on, but unfortunately i play the "twist" character in both of them. This means that both productions are reluctant to hand over the footage as it might ruin their chances of distribution because someone might see my character and know what to expect!
I can't win!



No comments:

Post a Comment